Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Can Haz Podcasts! Yay!

Today I discovered the podcasts on EWTN! It's great! Right now I'm listening to a podcast of Father Mitch Pacwa from the radio program on EWTN Radio where he answers questions. It's awesome!

Let me just say that I appreciate the comments left by Adoro Te Devote very much, and that if anyone else has any comments/questions/advice for me, I'm open to them.

One of the things that the husband, heretofore known as SK (SpiderKiller) has against the Church are some of the abuses that he personally has seen going on in other parts of the world. He has been wonderful about some things (I've put up a screensaver with Catholic images and a desktop of the Sacred Heart) even telling me that he's not totally against the Church when I told him that I was afraid of his response to my putting these things up on the computer. (I put things like that up. He doesn't know how. I have the power, lol.) It's just that he was stationed in the Phillippines in the early '80s, and he's seen people crucifying themselves at Easter, flagellating themselves, etc., and he's heard priests over there encourage that type of thing. In his eyes, that's the Church, for the most part; and all I can do is say that I know that that sort of thing is wrong, that I know that there have been and probably still are abuses done every day but that the Church in its entirety, as a Body, refutes those things and says they're wrong.

I believe that Christ and the Blessed Mother and Padre Pio are working on him, it's just taking some time.

On the other hand, I have my mother telling me about Malachi Martin and how I should read some of his books or whatever. Look, I looked him up on Google, and he said that he thought the last five Popes were AntiChrists? What? How can ANYONE think that Pope John Paul the Second was Anti-Christian? That makes no sense to me.
I asked my mom straight out what she would think if I converted.
She had no real answer. I know she wouldn't cast me out or anything, but I don't want to hurt her, either...but if it comes to the point where her opinion is the only thing holding me back, she's going to lose to Christ. Period.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers.
God Bless you all,
SMB

No comments: