Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I hate Grape KoolAid.

The Menace was on the computer yesterday morning before I was. I sat down to it and started typing, to find a little bit of liquid on the left hand side of the keyboard. No big deal, I thought, and wiped it up. The computer went on working absolutely fine until about four in the afternoon, when I was laying down for a nap and SK wanted to play World of Warcraft. (WoW)

He woke me up because he couldn't get the "c" key to work; once I checked things out, it was painfully obvious that the entire bottom row on the left hand side (I have an ergonomic keyboard) was not working properly. I immediately started popping keys off. SK was sent to Office Depot for canned air, and phone calls were made to the family geek.

Today, we gave up, because it obviously wasn't working properly. We went to Office Depot and bought a new desktop set. New mouse, new keyboard.

I can and will write it off on my taxes (it's a legitimate business expense, as I am working from my home as a transcriptionist) but still, I missed my computer! Thank you Lord for internet history is all I have to say.

Hey, does the sound go out on EWTN for any of y'all? I tried and tried and tried to watch EWTN yesterday afternoon and evening, but there was no sound at all! All the other channels were fine, so I have to think it was a network problem. I could watch it on my computer (like I said, thank you Lord for internet history) but that gets irritating for some reason.

Well, I'm back, anyway, and I hope you all had a great weekend. God Bless you!
SMB

No comments: